Sunday, January 09, 2011

Training Log [Week of Jan 3]

My first training log of the year. I hope to be able to publish this every week even though it might be giving my chief rival inside information.

Nutrition (Grade D)

This week I setup a new plan in LoseIt that should lead me to my marathon race weight. I was over my calorie budget on budget on 5 of 7 days. One of them was my Mom and Sisters birthday so I'll cut myself some slack there as I had zero control over menu. For the week the nutrient mix of fat/carbs/protein was also not where I'd like it to be.

Sleep (Grade D)

Looking over my sleep journal in Sleep Cycle, it's pretty obvious didn't get enough sleep throughout the week. I'm not talking about quality sleep either. I just didn't get enough time in the rack. This is partly due to a cold(notes on that below), however. This should be fixable in the week ahead.

Workouts (Grade C)

I would have rated this higher but I missed my long run this week which is a huge negative to any aspiring marathon hopes. Baseline was established for the swim from which I should be able to build from for Trinona. Need to find time to work in some cycling. Got my scheduled weight lifting in.

Body/Health (Grade C)

Went into Mayo Express Care on Thursday. Looking at my health information in iHealthTrax, I've had a sore throat since December 29 and during the week my ear began to hurt. Especially in the pool! Strep test came back negative, so it's a viral deal and I just have suck it up.