Friday, January 14, 2011

2011 Race Schedule [UPDATED 2/5/2011]

One of the activities I do at the end of every race season is plan my race schedule for the next year. Its important as some of these races require significant build up and training.

This years schedule is a mixture of pleasure and pure pain. We start the year off with some 5Ks and build pretty quickly from there. Among the pleasure is my first ever "Warrior Dash". Its a 5K obstacle course culminating with a low crawl through its infamous mud pit. On the pain side of things, we have my first 1/2 Ironman.

So without further ado, here is my 2011 race schedule:

Feb 5 - Rochester, MN: Frozen Goose 5K - Completed: 24:13 7:26 Pace
Mar 12 - Eau Claire, WI: Shamrock Shuffle 5K
May 1 - Eau Claire, WI: Eau Claire Marathon (Full)
Jun 12 - Winona, MN: Trinona (Long Course)
Jun 19 - Rochester, MN: Rochesterfest Triathlon (Long Course)
Jul 23 - Afton Alps, MN: Warrior Dash
Jul 31 - Waseca, MN: Waseca 1/3 Ironman
Aug 28 - Afton Alps, MN: Muddy Buddy
Sep 11 - Stillwater, MN: Square Lake 1/2 Ironman
Oct 15 - Ashland, WI: Whistle Stop Marathon (Full)

If you happen to be in any of these locations, come on out and cheer me on.