Monday, February 28, 2011

Training Log for Feb 21st

Changing the date I publish my training log. My training weeks start on Mondays, so the log will now correspond to the starting on the day indicated but be published on the following Monday.

I would say I've been suffering from training fatigue the last couple of weeks. I'm finding training for a marathon as one of the hardest things I've done in my life.

Training volume this week was pretty close to last weeks. I'm finding it easy to stay on my swimming schedule. Bike, Run and Weights are harder.

The problem I see with the run is the in-week runs are pretty much dreadmill runs. Anything over 6 miles is just a grind and I can't stand it mentally. As for the bike, the problem is pretty much timing. Mondays after work is ok. But the saturday long ride isn't happing because I'm trying to do it before the family gets up (aka 4:30am). It just isn't happening, so this is going to need to be move to their nap times. Lastly weight training just isn't happening because I have analysis paralysis on volume and routine.

Training Volumes:
Swimming: .7 miles (+13.3% vs prev week)
Biking: 9.4 miles (+1.0% vs prev week)
Running: 3.2 miles (-85.3% vs prev week)
Weights: ~175 lbs (-1.1% vs prev week)

Nutrition (D)
So two months into this I finally realize that I'm doing a terrible job of making sure I get everything logged. Now that I've seen why (i was very dedicated to the process this week) I think I'll be able to get this turned around.

Workouts (D)
Got all my swim workouts in and I continue to progress well towards my yardage goals. Run/Bike/Weights were a different story as noted earlier. Just need to focus and execute.

Body/Health (B)
Body feels pretty good. Just the usual soreness in the legs. IT Bands are a little tight and so I'll focus on getting all my stretching in next week.